Monday, April 4, 2011

Old earth turned

So, after gathering all of my yard tools and going over my plan, it was time to dig, so I started by removing the brick perimeter in order to make room for the tiller. Now with gloved hands, it was time to crank this thing up.

I had never used a tiller before, but I had seen it done several times before, so I wasn't too concerned.

-Time to make room for tilling-
-All tilled up-
I have to say that after I finished,  I was very happy with how everything turned out. I have talked with Aubrey about what she would like for us to grow. We are thinking about several types of tomatoes, some bell pepper variaties, jalapeno peppers and maybe some watermelon. I would like to try some pole beans, but we'll see.

Once I figure out what we will grow, I will share the names and kinds of vegetables that we have settled on.

So here is the finished garden bed. I am very happy with how it turned out and look forward to planting, mulching and figuring out an irrigation set up. I've got lots of ideas for all of this.

- The finished garden -

No comments: